- Cumulative waitstats info https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=275212
- A central registered server list https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=136596
Of course there is a lot more in this CTP 5 and the first thing you will notice is the new installer which is a lot better than in previous versions. A great addition is the ability to configure the location of tempdb at install time.
But let us look at the nifty stuff that has been added to SQL Server:
- Backup compression
- Filestream support
- Many improvements on partitioning
- Plan freezing
- Resource Governor
- Change tracking
- Transparent Data Encryption
- Spatial data support
- Lock escalation can be defined on table level
Obviously there are many other new features available, as well in the Database Engine as in the other services like Reporting Services, Analysis Server and Integration Services. I suggest that you download the new Books Online to read about all the exciting new features because this time there are too many to discuss them in one post.