Thursday, March 11, 2004

Are stored procedures right for you? I personally always use stored procedures in my programs, but to give you a more credible point of view check the following link ;)

Find Out if Stored Procedures Are Right For You

Cache invalidation in the next ASP.NET Whidbey. When using cache one of the obvious invalidations is a change in the database. Not querying the database on every request can make a huge performance difference. Until now you have to make custom procedures that weren't always as simple as they should be. In Whidbey they thought of it, SQL Cache Invalidation! In combination with SQL Server Yukon this is an extremely easy-to-use yet powerful feature.

ASP.NET Whidbey Caching improvements

I don't know about you guys but I can hardly wait for the .NET Whidbey and SQL Server Yukon release! That probably makes me a nerd though :-D

No comments: